Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Why do you think that you got nominated for Redditor of The Day?

I'm a breast cancer patient. For those who speak oncology, what I got is "triple negative, poorly differentiated, stage 4, grade 3, and metastatic to the liver." Sometime around 5-6 months ago, fellow redditor "twomoreandatinkle" was inspired by something I wrote, and quoted me to the ROTD mods: "Also realizing all the dreams I've lost along the years - before I even knew I had them - has really started to sink in."

Originally nominated for lost dreams? That one made me stop and think. Do I REALLY want to be known on Reddit only for my lost dreams? Is that really the legacy I want to leave from participating in my "Redditor Of The Day" thread?

Well that really made me re-consider a few things. Yeah, cancer is a huge part of my life and it does drag me down, but it's not all of who I am. So I changed direction and told the ROTD mods to hold off for awhile so I could re-think all this I'm still a breast cancer patient, yes. I have missed out on many career dreams, yes. However for this ROTD nomination, I decided to meditate and re-consider more on who I really am beyond the disease, beyond the lost dreams. I found some really cool, creative multi-dimentional aspects. In this ROTD, I will share them with you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment