Oh I have a LOT of thoughts on that one. My apologies to the mods, because your subreddit is wonderful. Still, I hope I am not being too forward with some of my ideas I'll offer here. I will not be offended if none of these can work or even apply to the situation.
First of all, I'd have a sister subreddit for discussion of this subreddit, call it "Meta-ROTD" or something like that. Use the sister-subreddit to let people contribute ideas and discuss how to attract more folks to ROTD.
Second of all, I would have each ROTD start with a full paragraph from the mods that describes WHY the person was chosen for the ROTD. What made them notable enough to be Redditor of the Day in the first place? What made them stand out enough to be featured? That would give each ROTD thread a much better context.
Thirdly, instead of the traditional questionaire, I would have a "question bank" that the nominee could draw from. Pick x number of questions from the question bank that suit your particular personality, quirks and life purposes for your ROTD interview. The entire question bank would have over 200 questions, each one as interesting, intelligent and thought-prevoking as possible. It would say a lot about the person to see what questions they actually choose for their ROTD summary!
No comments:
Post a Comment